Top 5 Features of the Libertarian Party of Rhode Island and Its Place in the Local Political Landscape
1. The Libertarian Party of Rhode Island is a recognized brand against crony corporatism in Rhode Island.
- organized informational pickets opposing taxpayer funded restoration of “Superman” building
- series of actions: testimony before general assembly committees and local town council, social media and
Web campaigns, media outreach in opposition to public subsidy a baseball stadium.
Rhode Island has a strong independent streak.
- Founded by Roger Williams as ‘a lively experiment’ for religious freedom, Rhode Island colonists were first to sign the Declaration of Independence and last of the 13 colonies to ratify the Constitution, holding out for the Bill of Rights and earning the nickname ‘The Thirteenth State’
- Statue atop the State House is ‘The Independent Man’
- Despite a reputation as a ‘Blue State’ Rhode Islanders exhibit an overwhelmingly independent streak electing Republican governors but Democratic representatives and senator
Breakdown of Registered Voters